Shining at CES 2013, Samsung has added yet another Windows 8 smart phone dubbed as ATIV Odyssey. This is same ATIV Odyssey that first appeared in leaks back in October when Windows Phone 8 was released, but it was made officially only now in CES.
ATIV Odyssey boasts brilliant 4-inch Super AMOLED touch screen display of WVGA (480 x 800 pixels) resolution.
On hardware front, it is equipped with a dual core Krait processor clocked at 1.5 GHz to quickly access the Internet, music stream and download content. There is 8GB of internal memory with a microSD card slot ready to add another 64GB, plus a 2100mAh battery capacity.
Samsung has packed this device with a 5 Mega Pixel snapper and LED flash which is capable to record 1080p video along with a 1.2 Mega Pixel front camera.
This smart phone is said to be a Global Ready phone allowing users to call and email from more than 220 countries in the world with the features of exclusive Samsung sharing applications such as Photo Editor, Mini Diary and an application providing weather, news, stock and currency updates instantly.
This new device is expected to fill in the entry-level range for Windows Phone 8 but till yet there is no word on its price and its worldwide availability.
Here are key specifications for this device:
- Display: Super AMOLED screen display (WVGA 800×480)
- Camera: 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and full 1080p recording and 1080p playback with front-facing 1.2-megapixel camera for video chat
- Connectivity: Dual band Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n).
- Memory:8 GB on board storage with 1 GB RAM and Support for up to 64 GB microSD card
- Battery: 2100 mAh battery
- Miscellaneous: Photo Editor, Mini Diary with weather, news, stock and currency updates instantly.
Samsung ATIV Odyssey Picture Gallery